Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/04 17:37:09 UTC

Re: MyFaces - Trinidad - Partial Page Rendering [PPR]

Note: I am replying on the user thread, this is not a question that
should have been posted on the developers discussion mailing list

tbl0:categories will not work. The reason is the PPR works off of the
client ID, not the component ID. For example, if you change the radio
button in the 2nd row of the table, then the trigger is
tbl0:1:categories, not tbl0:categories. In order to trigger off of a
component in a table from a different row or outside the table, you
will have to programmatically add the partialTarget.

I have suggested ways to make this easier in Trinidad, but there has
been a lot of debate around it. It probably will happen, but not for
months.

-Andrew