Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de on 2003/02/10 12:15:49 UTC

Problem with LineContainsTest

I have downloaded the Ant CVS-Head with cvsgrab (of sourceforge).
The test failed with

	Testcase:
testLineContains(org.apache.tools.ant.filters.LineContainsTest):      FAILED
	null

After a while of searching I have found that the generated file (on windows)
contains another
line separator than the expected file.

Is this an error in the used FileUtils.newFileUtils().contentEquals()
method? Or should there
be a FileUtils.newFileUtils().contentEqualsIgnoreLineBreaks() or so? Another
possibility is
to make a <fixcrlf> with the test files.

BTW the assert-instruction doesn´t contain a hint. I suggest the change from
        assertTrue(FileUtils.newFileUtils().contentEquals(expected,
result));
        assertTrue("result not like expected",
FileUtils.newFileUtils().contentEquals(expected, result));

After changing the line break to windows it works.

Jan Matèrne