Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by nirmal kumar <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/29 20:36:46 UTC

Clarification for TCPSampler - Throughput

Hi

I have been running Jmeter for perfomace testing of an xmpp server. I
used to TCPSampler to send transaction messages. I have observed the
following behaviour :

a) Thread Pool Increase:
      To begin with i have tried to send messages using single thread
and measure the throughput ot be 10Messages per second. But as I
started to increase the number of thread still my throughput remain
the same. Can some explain me the cause for such behaviour.
 I have measure the CPU, I/0 utilization too.. CPU - 0.4% and I/0=>
very minimal.

hence inorder to increase the msg/sec i tried installing more jmeter
and I could see a increase the messages sent.
For 1 Jmeter ==> 10Msg/sec
For 3 Jmeter ==> 14.26 Msg/Sec
For 5 Jemter ==> 23.4 Msg/Sec

I would like to have a 300msg/sec. I don't want have too many
instances of jmeter machines.
Can some one help me in achieving it.

Thanks,
Nirmal

Re: Clarification for TCPSampler - Throughput

Posted by nirmal kumar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hey Sebb,

I have found the error. I had a counter which closed the connection
after 10th iteration. hence it was failing from 11th thread.

Thanks,
Nirmal

Posted by nirmal kumar <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kirk <ki...@kodewerk.com>.
sebb wrote:
> On 29/12/2009, nirmal kumar <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>>  I have been running Jmeter for perfomace testing of an xmpp server. I
>>  used to TCPSampler to send transaction messages. I have observed the
>>  following behaviour :
>>
>>  a) Thread Pool Increase:
>>       To begin with i have tried to send messages using single thread
>>  and measure the throughput ot be 10Messages per second. But as I
>>  started to increase the number of thread still my throughput remain
>>  the same. Can some explain me the cause for such behaviour.
>>

> Perhaps the server cannot handle any more throughput.

check server thread/connection pool size.

Kirk

Re: Clarification for TCPSampler - Throughput

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.