Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/29 08:09:37 UTC

2.3.0-M1 heads up

Hi all,

I'd like to push out M1 in the next week or two. Is this schedule ok with everyone? Is anyone
working on issues that should be included in M1?

I have made a slight change to the Behavior interface by moving the Ajax specific methods into it's
own interface called AjaxBehavior. This should make it more straightforward to use Behaviors for
non-ajax tasks such as decorating Controlsor enriching them with JavaScript functionality such as
setting focus on field etc. I'm currently busy updating the docs and adding a section to the Control
chapter on using Behaviors.

There are a couple of low hanging fruit issues that are good candidates for M1:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-724 (improve Menu#isUserInRoles in case no role is defined)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-723 (improve quickstart macro.vm)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-722 (Improved dynamic form behavior)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-669 (New Column property to escape headers)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-715 (Stateful controls: missing at least PickList,
TabbedPanel, Select)

If anyone has spare time to work on these that would be great. If you need implementation detail on
any of the issues just drop a mail here.

Kind regards

Bob

Re: 2.3.0-M1 heads up

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
I've updated the docs and dded a section describing basic Behavior usage.

Next I'll start tackling some of the remaining JIRAs.

Kind regards

Bob

PS: If you would like to get involved in the development of Apache Click but aren't a committer yet,
you can always attach patches to the JIRA you would like to work on and one of the committers will
apply them. As always don't hesitate to post here if you need help with some of the technical aspects.