Posted to user@helix.apache.org by lsmushroom <ls...@126.com> on 2014/02/18 09:27:04 UTC

Integrate helix with yarn

Hi,
I'm new to helix and I'm quite interested in running helix with yarn.  And I've got a few questions as below:
1)Is there any document about how to deploy and run helix with yarn ?
2)Is there a testing programe which can run on "helix with yarn" ?
3)I've roughly go through the code , seems that you have implemented a new AppMaster on yarn , so does that mean currentyly I could not directly run mapreduce job on "helix on yarn" ? To do so , I've to firstly porting the MRAppMaster to "helix with yarn" ?

Thanks in advance,

Yuan Linsi

Re: Integrate helix with yarn

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi Yuan,

Thanks for your interest. The work is available in helix-provisioning
branch.
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=helix.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/helix-provisioning;hb=helix-provisioning

I had a working example few weeks back. However, I am making few changes to
make it more intuitive and easy to understand. I will provide the
instructions soonish (Best case today, worst case: tomorrow).

Helix with Yarn is not for solving mapreduce on Yarn. Yarn already comes
with MRAppMaster and is backward compatible (Hopefully). Your existing map
reduce jobs should run on YARN without any changes.

Helix with Yarn is aimed at making it easy to build and deploy custom
application on YARN.

Can you give us more details about your application and we can tell you if
its possible/appropriate to use a Helix with Yarn solution.

thanks,
Kishore G