Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2000/04/01 00:30:09 UTC

Re: httpd coredumps

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Tobias Brox wrote:

> I've installed perl 5.6.0 + Apache 1.3.12 + modperl 1.22.
>
> An arbitrary request causes the httpd to core dump:

if you could follow the hints in the SUPPORT doc for getting a stacktrace,
that would help a great deal.

Re: httpd coredumps

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Tobias Brox wrote:

> > if you could follow the hints in the SUPPORT doc for getting a stacktrace,
> > that would help a great deal.
>
> Here we are ... hm ... it doesn't seem to tell much.  The request is after
> the server root, and I haven't set up any perl handlers ... so then it
> shouldn't call perl_handler() ... or what?

the stacktrace looks right.  it would be more useful to see the line
number, which you can see if you follow this tip for building mod_perl
from the SUPPORT doc:

=item CORE DUMPS

If you get a core dump, please send a backtrace if possible.
Before you try, build mod_perl with perl Makefile.PL PERL_DEBUG=1
which will:
 -add `-g' to EXTRA_CFLAGS
 -turn on PERL_TRACE
 -set PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL=2 (additional checks during Perl cleanup)
 -link against libperld if it exists

Re: httpd coredumps

Posted by Tobias Brox <to...@tobiasb.funcom.com>.
> if you could follow the hints in the SUPPORT doc for getting a stacktrace,
> that would help a great deal.

Here we are ... hm ... it doesn't seem to tell much.  The request is after
the server root, and I haven't set up any perl handlers ... so then it
shouldn't call perl_handler() ... or what?

0x8081882 in perl_handler ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x8081882 in perl_handler ()
#1  0x80dbbc3 in ap_invoke_handler ()
#2  0x80ef579 in process_request_internal ()
#3  0x80ef5dc in ap_process_request ()
#4  0x80e6dee in child_main ()
#5  0x80e704c in make_child ()
#6  0x80e73c6 in perform_idle_server_maintenance ()
#7  0x80e78f5 in standalone_main ()
#8  0x80e7ec3 in main ()
#9  0x400a71eb in __libc_start_main (main=0x80e7b6c <main>, argc=1,
    argv=0xbffffa44, init=0x807ebec <_init>, fini=0x81f9f7c <_fini>,
    rtld_fini=0x4000a610 <_dl_fini>, stack_end=0xbffffa3c)
    at ../sysdeps/generic/libc-start.c:90
(gdb)