Posted to builds@apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2012/08/20 16:14:55 UTC

Sonar & Jenkins jobs

Hi

The separate job configuration for Jenkins on analysis.a.o is a bit frustrating - the normal job admins can't configure it, fix it, or get notified when it fails.

I know the build needs to run locally for Sonar, but can we make Jenkins on there a node of the main set up, that only takes jobs tagged for Sonar, so they could be configured as separate ones on the main server with all the other config? I can't recall if there was a reason that wasn't feasible.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Sonar & Jenkins jobs

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/8/20 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
> 2012/8/20 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
>> Hi
>>
>> The separate job configuration for Jenkins on analysis.a.o is a bit frustrating - the normal job admins can't configure it, fix it, or get notified when it fails.
> I agree it's frustrating..
>>
>> I know the build needs to run locally for Sonar, but can we make Jenkins on there a node of the main set up, that only takes jobs tagged for Sonar, so they could be configured as separate ones on the main server with all the other config? I can't recall if there was a reason that wasn't feasible.
> We can have a node running on the analysis vm and marked sonar jobs
> running only only this node.
> But AFAIK nothing will prevent people with karma (all PMCs) to
> configure non sonar jobs running on this node ...
> This will add a bit of traffic on the main Jenkins which is sometimes
> overloaded.
> I can try that if nobody complains on that.
> Comments ?
Oh I remember now an issue.
For non maven jobs (ant etc..), sonar sql user/password are displayed
in the logs in plain text (that's the reason only people with karmas
can see jobs logs in the ui).

Re: Sonar & Jenkins jobs

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.