Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by fischman_98 <mf...@powerconsultantsinc.com> on 2006/07/14 01:38:51 UTC

binding in t:datatable causing duplicate id's on browser refresh

I am binding a sessionScoped managed-bean UIData property to a t:dataTable
(also using t:dataScroller in the header/footer facets).  Initial display is
fine.

Upon hitting refresh on the browser...I get the following error (full error
below).  javax.servlet.ServletException: Client-id : _idJsp63first is
duplicated in the faces tree.

After some investigation, I found that if I reset the managed-bean UIData
property (set the UIData instance variable to null), all is well.  I assume
that if the managed bean was requestScope'd this would take care of the
problem as well.

What is the preferred (aka Best) method for reseting the managed-bean
property and avoiding this error?

Full Error
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /explore/explore.jsp][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.div.Div,Id: wrapper][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.div.Div,Id: contentTop][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.div.Div,Id: searchResults][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id: _idJsp45][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTable,Id: data][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.datascroller.HtmlDataScroller,Id: _idJsp63][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlCommandLink,Id: _idJsp63first]}

Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.