Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by John Smith <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/16 14:02:28 UTC

Re: WELCOME to log4j-user@logging.apache.org

I have a question to Chainsaw.

  My config file has this setting:
   <appender name="SOCKET_HUB" class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketHubAppender">
   <param name="Port" value="4560"/>
   <param name="ReconnectionDelay" value="30000"/>
 </appender>

  The funny thing is that I receive 3 logging messages instead of 1. Each logging I receive with Chainsaw is triple instead of single. Whats wrong?

  The console appender logs correctly, just single, not triple.

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Mail

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Mail

Re: Chainsaw SocketHubAppender triples messages

Posted by John Smith <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Will someone fix that bug please?

Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> wrote:

Note the change in the subject to what the actual problem is.

Anyway, I've seen behavior myself before when using the LogFilePatternReceiver.
However, I never tracked down the cause. I'm glad someone was able to reproduce
the issue. Hopefully Scott or Paul can tease out the root cause and get this
fixed (assuming it is a bug, that is).

Jake

Quoting John Smith :

Re: Chainsaw SocketHubAppender triples messages

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.