Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Bozo Juretic <bj...@inet.hr> on 2008/12/24 17:51:49 UTC

Rapid development

Hi guys,

am I doing something wrong, or does servicemix clean its internal caches
related to SUs only if the same serviceunit which is redeployed is of a
bigger version? To be concrete, if mvn jbi:projectDeploy is used to
initially deploy a SU, then I can't use it again to deploy the changes
made i.e. in the Eclipse IDE, but I have to manually delete the
hotdeploy/ file or the data/ files depending on the situation, and then
after a restart servicemix sees the new code.

Can you describe how you develop SUs with maven and Eclipse, I'm sure
there must be some better way of deploying changes to SUs to servicemix
than as described above.

Best regards,

Bozo

Re: Rapid development

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Bozo,

Especially during development, but very often also in production, using
hotdeploy is a lot more convenient then using the maven JBI plugin for
deploying your SA.  Instead of doing a mvn jbi:projectDeploy, just do a
mvn install and copy the SA archive from the SA's /target directory to
ServiceMix' /hotdeploy directory.

Regards,

Gert