Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by catshout <ge...@web.de> on 2015/09/17 17:38:50 UTC

Activate and access the ActiveMQ REST API within ServiceMix

Dear all,

I've read something about the ActiveMQ REST API. How can I activate,
configure and access this API? I've done some research but didn't find
something in relation to ActiveMQ within ServiceMix.

Furthermore, where can I find a complete documentation of the ActiveMQ REST
API?

Many thanks in advance for any support.

Best
- Gerald

Re: Activate and access the ActiveMQ REST API within ServiceMix

Posted by catshout <ge...@web.de>.
Finally I did found a way how to consume JMX information through Jolokia. The
following URL for example

http://localhost:8181/jolokia/read/org.apache.activemq:type=Broker,brokerName=amq-broker/DurableTopicSubscribers

delivers the information about durable subscribers as following

{
	"timestamp": 1442825904,
	"status": 200,
	"request": {
		"mbean": "org.apache.activemq:brokerName=amq-broker,type=Broker",
		"attribute": "DurableTopicSubscribers",
		"type": "read"
	},
	"value": [{
		"objectName":
"org.apache.activemq:brokerName=amq-broker,clientId=SIB0001,consumerId=Durable(SIB0001_SIB0001.article),destinationName=article,destinationType=Topic,endpoint=Consumer,type=Broker"
	},
	{
		"objectName":
"org.apache.activemq:brokerName=amq-broker,clientId=SIB0001,consumerId=Durable(SIB0001_SIB0001.pdf),destinationName=pdf,destinationType=Topic,endpoint=Consumer,type=Broker"
	}]
}

With jconsole you may connect to JMX services within ServiceMix and discover
all the possible paths.

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerald

I think, the ActiveMQ Rest API is very interesting and ServiceMix should allow to enable this (or should have it enabled per default). I think we should research (or find a documentation) how to enable theRest API. The vanilla ActiveMQ enables this per default (or have at least prepared configuration which allows to
start it with the rest API enabled). I've opened an issue for this - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-2670

Kindly regards
Krzysztof

Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)