Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/07/02 23:42:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA build artifact parent-pom-top version 3

This version changes the dependencies on uima-jar-resource-bundle from
1-SNAPSHOT to 2 (not a snapshot).  No other changes.

Jira's fixed:

    Bug

    * [UIMA-1825 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1825>] -
      remove snapshot dependencies

The release is staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-031/
Suggested way to test: add this to your maven "settings" in the
<profiles> section:

    <profile>
      <id>staged-release</id>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>staged-release</id>
          <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-031/</url>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    </profile>

Please verify this by changing references to previous versions of the parent-pom-top
to version 3 and see if things build, using the command

  mvn install -Pstaged-release

More background on this approach is here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Also, please inspect the release artifacts to insure they have the
proper license /notice files.

Finally, someone should verify that the parent-pom-top can be built from the source-release.zip.

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks for your help in checking/verifying, in advance!
-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] [CANCEL] Release UIMA build artifact parent-pom-top version 3

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
 Found a build problem: new Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1827

Need to add a <pluginRepository> element that refers to the SNAPSHOTs place, in
order to pick up snapshots of plugins released by our project (currently 2: 1
for PearPackaging, and 1 for building - the uima-build-helper-maven-plugin).

-Marshall