Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Brandon Goodin <ma...@phase.ws> on 2003/04/04 21:18:51 UTC

[OT}So I did a bug query and...

I queryed the bug database and I see 10 or fewer bugs for commons dbcp and
pool. I assume these are the bugs that need to be fixed. But, I have a few
questions.

1) When I queried the bug database there were several parameters that I
wasn't sure about... How do I know I am querying the database for the full
list current bugs etc...? Following is my query for dbcp. Is this producing
an honest listing of needed fixes?

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSI
GNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&em
ail2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&change
din=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&product=Commons&compone
nt=Dbcp&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&long_desc_type
=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&keywords=&key
words_type=anywords&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&
order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time

2) How do I know which bugs are higher priority. I know that people who
submit them often set the priorities different than the committers would.
So, are the but reports edited to reflect their true priority.

3) How do I know if someone has started working on a patch/fix for a bug
already?

Brandon Goodin