Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2019/01/08 16:12:26 UTC

Custom Distribution Hangs on Startup...

I am trying to create a custom distribution:

https://github.com/jwcarman/custom-karaf-example/tree/vanilla

When I cd into the target/assembly directory and do:

bin/karaf

the logs stop after this:

Jan 08, 2019 11:11:01 AM org.apache.karaf.main.Main launch
INFO: Installing and starting initial bundles
Jan 08, 2019 11:11:01 AM org.apache.karaf.main.Main launch
INFO: All initial bundles installed and set to start
Jan 08, 2019 11:11:01 AM org.apache.karaf.main.lock.SimpleFileLock lock
INFO: Trying to lock
/Users/jcarman/IdeaProjects/custom-karaf-example/target/assembly/lock
Jan 08, 2019 11:11:01 AM org.apache.karaf.main.lock.SimpleFileLock lock
INFO: Lock acquired
Jan 08, 2019 11:11:01 AM org.apache.karaf.main.Main$KarafLockCallback
lockAcquired
INFO: Lock acquired. Setting startlevel to 100

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

James

Re: Custom Distribution Hangs on Startup...

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Starting from the example or archetype works. So, I will add a note
about that (for sure, framework should not be included in the set, it's
added by the plugin).
Anyway, I started a complete refactoring of the custom distribution
creation.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Custom Distribution Hangs on Startup...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Custom Distribution Hangs on Startup...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi James,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Custom Distribution Hangs on Startup...

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, I just check startup from the assembly archetype (which use
the karaf-assembly packaging) and the startup.properties is correctly
generated.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Custom Distribution Hangs on Startup...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi James,

no the startup.properties is generated by the plugin, using the scope.
So, karaf framework kar is probably missing in your project.

I can take a look if you want.

Regards
JB

On 08/01/2019 18:09, James Carman wrote:
> But, that begs the question, should we really have to do that?  Is
> something wrong with the plugin that it isn't copying the "standard"
> startup.properties file from the base distro?
>
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 11:56 AM James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
> wrote:
>
>> That got it working for me.  Thanks, Johan!
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 11:55 AM Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I compared to a 4.2.2,
>>> it is missing startup.properties in the generation.
>>>
>>> Adding;
>>>
>>> # Bundles to be started on startup, with startlevel
>>> mvn\:org.apache.karaf.features/org.apache.karaf.features.extension/4.2.2
>>> = 1
>>> mvn\:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.metatype/1.2.2 = 5
>>> mvn\:org.apache.karaf.services/org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin/4.2.2
>>> = 5
>>> mvn\:org.ops4j.pax.url/pax-url-aether/2.5.4 = 5
>>> mvn\:org.fusesource.jansi/jansi/1.17.1 = 8
>>> mvn\:org.ops4j.pax.logging/pax-logging-api/1.10.1 = 8
>>> mvn\:org.ops4j.pax.logging/pax-logging-log4j2/1.10.1 = 8
>>> mvn\:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.coordinator/1.0.2 = 9
>>> mvn\:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.configadmin/1.9.10 = 10
>>> mvn\:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.fileinstall/3.6.4 = 11
>>> mvn\:org.apache.karaf.features/org.apache.karaf.features.core/4.2.2 = 15

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Custom Distribution Hangs on Startup...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
I compared to a 4.2.2,