Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Finn <vi...@automsoft.com> on 2004/04/19 16:36:29 UTC

Bookmarks

Hi,

Is there a way to dynamically insert sub-items in the bookmarks?

I am dynamically creating the .fo file using xsl and I can't set up the bookmarks at the start since I don't know what they will called or how many there will be so I need to insert them on-the-fly as I find them

I can't see a nice way of doing this
The only way I have seen sub-bookmarks inserted is the following

<fox:outline>
  <xsl:attribute name="internal-destination"><xsl:value-of select="@NAME"/></xsl:attribute>
  <fox:label><xsl:value-of select="@NAME"/></fox:label>

  <fox:outline>
    <xsl:attribute name="internal-destination"><xsl:value-of select="@SUBNNAME"/></xsl:attribute>
    <fox:label><xsl:value-of select="@SUBNAME"/></fox:label>
  </fox:outline>
</fox:outline>

To do this I would have to process the file twice which seems a bit inefficient

Any suggestions?

	Vin

Re: Bookmarks

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Vincent Finn wrote:
> Is there a way to dynamically insert sub-items in the bookmarks?
>
> I am dynamically creating the .fo file using xsl and I can't set up
> the bookmarks at the start since I don't know what they will called
> or how many there will be so I need to insert them on-the-fly as I
> find them

It seem syou are asking for advice about an XSLT problem.

 > To do this I would have to process the file twice which seems a bit
 > inefficient.

That's the way it is done in XSLT, and it's not necessarily inefficient.
You can present your problem on the XSL list
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
and include some more details, there are quite a few people there
who will enthusiastically provide help.

J.Pietschmann