Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/04/01 22:17:25 UTC

Re: Regarding jndi names of EJB 2.1 beans

On Mar 31, 2008, at 4:19 AM, Manu George wrote:
> Hi,
>    Previously we used to have a jndi-name in the openejb-jar.xml for
> geronimo. Currently for EJB 2.1 beans we dont use the values in that
> element and instead generate the name in the same way we do for EJB
> 3.0. Is this by design or an issue?

This should be supported.  The code to convert those elements to the
new ones are there:

OpenEjb2Conversion.java:

             for (String name : enterpriseBean.getLocalJndiName()) {
                 deployment.getJndi().add(new
org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb3.Jndi(name, "LocalHome"));
             }

             for (String name : enterpriseBean.getJndiName()) {
                 deployment.getJndi().add(new
org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb3.Jndi(name, "RemoteHome"));
             }

Have you been able to verify that they don't work?

-David

Re: Regarding jndi names of EJB 2.1 beans

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Apr 2, 2008, at 1:05 AM, David Blevins wrote:
> Just an FYI also, the legacy <jndi-name> element applies strictly to
> javax.ejb.EJBHome interfaces as it always did.  Make sure you're not
> testing a EJB 3.0 style business interface; the new <jndi> element
> covers those as well as legacy interfaces.

Seemed pretty clear you're talking only about 2.1 views, but felt the
need to be explicit just in case :)  (never hurts)

-David

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Well if you find it's not working and see a fix, get it in quick :)
Hopefully we'll be able to start another vote tomorrow.

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.