Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Samuel Andrew McIntyre <fu...@nonintuitive.com> on 2004/12/01 18:27:17 UTC

[VOTE] 10.0.2.1 release

Re: [VOTE] 10.0.2.1 release

Posted by Suresh Thalamati <ts...@Source-Zone.org>.
+1 .

I think it might be helpful  to add  INSTALL file in the main directory
with  getting started information
(http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/getstart/gspr16.html.).
Saves a trip back to the download  page :-)

-suresht

Re: [VOTE] 10.0.2.1 release

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@Sourcery.Org>.

Re: [VOTE] 10.0.2.1 release

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] 10.0.2.1 release

Posted by myrnap <my...@Golux.Com>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2004, at 9:27 AM, Samuel Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
>> It appears that there are now no objections to the updated binaries
>> that I have posted here:
>>
>> http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/derby/10.0.2.1/
>>
>> from the Incubator PMC. However, I would like to encourage anyone
>> interested to review the binaries and then vote if you find them
>> acceptable.
>

> Passed, total of eight +1 votes. Jean, could you please update the
> website with the news?
>
> I have also tagged 10.0.2.1 in subversion. Now that we have a release,
> and there are new features waiting to be checked in, I am planning on
> branching the 10.0 codeline and updating the version on the trunk to
> 10.1.0.0 alpha so that new features can be checked in as per our
> version/upgrade policy. I will send out a separate note about that
> shortly.
>
> andrew

I have no objection, but the dblook message problem should be documented
in a release notes entry (see derby 90).

Myrna

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] 10.0.2.1 release

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <fu...@nonintuitive.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 10.0.2.1 release

Posted by Samuel Andrew McIntyre <fu...@nonintuitive.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 10.0.2.1 release

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@Sourcery.Org>.

Re: [VOTE] 10.0.2.1 release

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
For reference, here's Andrew's call for a vote:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=derby-dev@db.apache.org&msgNo=1116

I think I'm spotting an expectation in the DERBY-55 email thread (see
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=derby-dev@db.apache.org&msgNo=1158)
that the frameworks subdirectory will be included in the release.  I
just downloaded and checked incubating-derby-10.0.2.1-bin.tar.gz, and it
does not include the frameworks directory.

  -jean

Re: [VOTE] 10.0.2.1 release - cts jdbc suite passed

Posted by myrnap <my...@Golux.Com>.
Samuel Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> from the Incubator PMC. However, I would like to encourage anyone
> interested to review the binaries and then vote if you find them
> acceptable.

By the way - the 106978 build passed the jdbc suite of  Sun's Complience
Test Suite
(cts version 141).
Also, the cts xa suite passed with derby as the database. (cts version
141 plus patch).

Myrna

Re: [VOTE] 10.0.2.1 release

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.