Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "yael flashner (Kamoon IL)" <ya...@il.kamoon.com> on 2002/11/10 16:56:23 UTC

compression option

Hi,

Some of our soap requests/responses are very large.
Is there any way we can specify that the requests and the responses should
be zipped?
One of the messages in this list referred to a "setGzip" method of
SOAPContext, that is supposed to do the work.
However, I couldn't find this method in the latest version (2.3.1).

Yael.

----------------------------------
This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may
contain confidential and privileged information or data that constitute
proprietary information of Kamoon Inc. Any unauthorized review, use or
distribution by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient
please contact us by e-mail: info@kamoon.com and delete all copies.

AW: compression option

Posted by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de>.
Hi Scott,
I have the trouble to send huge data through a soap-service. Right now I do
it via a Vector, but it is much to slow for a ISDN-Line, for instance.
Do I put it right, that using
SOAPContext ctx = new SOAPContext();
ctx.setGzip(true);
and put
<isd:option key="gzip" value="true"/>
to the deploy descripor
will automaticly compresses the soap message on the server site and
decrompresses it on the client, not depending on any data-type used in this
request,
or does this only work by compressing and decompressing data programmaticly
using an attachment(coded on your own)?

thanks a lot,

Malte
Compression was added after 2.3.1.  If you want to use it, either grab
the source from CVS and build, or download a nightly build.

Scott Nichol

AW: compression option

Re: compression option

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.