Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jakob Fix <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/03 17:01:43 UTC

Re: Existing XSP "not found" by Cocoon (only on Linux)

Well, it's been quite a number of months that I didn't have time to
look at this problem, but I just wanted to let the mailing list know
that I've just solved this problem, and that it had nothing to do with
the XSP files, but with the sitemap.xmap file.  A very embarassing and
stupid typing mistake, however, in my defense I must say it wasn't
easily spotted.

wrong:
<map:match type="regexp"
pattern="highlight/bv/(.*)/(.*)/(ext|doc)/([^|]*)(\|[0-9]+)?.xml">
  <map:generate src="highlight.xsp " type="serverpages">

correct:
<map:match type="regexp"
pattern="highlight/bv/(.*)/(.*)/(ext|doc)/([^|]*)(\|[0-9]+)?.xml">
  <map:generate src="highlight.xsp" type="serverpages">

Can you spot it :-)  What surprises me most is that it worked like
this on the Windows platform.

A belated thank you to all participants in this thread.

--
cheers,
Jakob.

Posted by Jakob Fix <ja...@gmail.com>.
Antonio,

On 3/4/06, Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> wrote:
> Jakob Fix wrote:
>
> >Well, it's been quite a number of months that I didn't have time to
> >look at this problem, but I just wanted to let the mailing list know
> >that I've just solved this problem, and that it had nothing to do with
> >the XSP files, but with the sitemap.xmap file.  A very embarassing and
> >stupid typing mistake, however, in my defense I must say it wasn't
> >easily spotted.
> >
> >wrong:
> ><map:match type="regexp"
> >pattern="highlight/bv/(.*)/(.*)/(ext|doc)/([^|]*)(\|[0-9]+)?.xml">
> >  <map:generate src="highlight.xsp " type="serverpages">
> >
> >correct:
> ><map:match type="regexp"
> >pattern="highlight/bv/(.*)/(.*)/(ext|doc)/([^|]*)(\|[0-9]+)?.xml">
> >  <map:generate src="highlight.xsp" type="serverpages">
> >
> >Can you spot it :-)  What surprises me most is that it worked like
> >this on the Windows platform.
> >

> <map:generate src="highlight.xsp "
> <map:generate src="highlight.xsp"
>

> Interesting! Should the value of @src be trimmed before? Can this be considered a cocoon bug?

ah, good question.  I'm not sure.  given that you can create files
with final spaces in a Unix environment, but (apparently) not in
Windows, this trimming behaviour would have to be OS-dependent.

--
cheers,
Jakob.

Re: Existing XSP "not found" by Cocoon (only on Linux)

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.