Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by shaikbash <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2013/01/20 03:23:52 UTC

Double Submit Problem

Hi,
I am new to Tapestry. I am trying to develop a server-side solition to
handle the double submit problem using the technique "redirect-on-pause", as
described in the context of spring in this article:
http://www.ervacon.com/products/swf/tips/tip4.html
Basically, I wrote a filter, which intercepts the original POST requests and
saves the request parameters in the HttpSession and redirects the response
to the same page, but with an added query string parameter.
Upon receiving the redirected request (identified through the added query
string), the filter swaps the original request with a wrapper request, to
which the original request parameters are added.
With this approach the problem I am encountering is, that none of my button
submit or form submit events are inviked.
I am wondering if this approach is worth attempting with Tapestry.
Appreciate any help/feedback on this.
Thanks,
Basheer Shaik.

Re: Double Submit Problem

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Basheer,

>From my understanding, Spring Web Flow's redirect-on-pause behavior
(http://www.ervacon.com/products/swf/tips/tip4.html) is pretty much
the same thing as Tapestry's standard redirect-after-post behavior for
forms. If that's all you're looking for, you already have it.

I didn't see anything at that link about preventing multiple rapid
submits, which I guess is the problem you're really trying to solve
and which Lenny's response answers.

A little JavaScript is usually a sufficient solution. Examples are
plentiful, just search for "prevent double submit"

Re: Double Submit Problem

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Take a look at this thread: