Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Vespa, Anthony J" <aj...@cbs.com> on 2007/12/19 15:33:57 UTC

Issue with Java first functions and Arguement Sequence

I'm having an issue and can't quite find an answer to my query in the
mailing list archives.  I am doing Java first development and using
AEGIS Binding am having an issue.  I had written to the list before
about it but am looking for further suggestions.

The front end client is forming the soap message using a hashmap and my
concern is that there is the chance that parameters will come in a
different sequence than that specified in my WSDL.   IF this occurs, at
best I get wrong results, at worst I get a SoapFault and tons of
exceptions.  I am flumoxed by this and would like to find a workaround
as I can't always depend on the various front ends to be constructing
things in the same order.

Is there any way to force 'by name' parameter resolution?

I have several functions; some taking primitives, some taking objects.
This is a sample of my WSDL.

The segment of my WSDL looks like

<xsd:element name="getMessages" type="tns:getMessages" />
<xsd:complexType name="getMessages">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="messageBoardId" type="xsd:long" />
<xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="qualifier" type="xsd:string" />
<xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="omitMessageText" type="xsd:boolean" />
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

And SEI is...

@WebResult(name = "getMessagesResult")
    @WebMethod
    public wsResponse<wsMessage> getMessages {
            @WebParam(name = "messageBoardId")Long messageBoardId,
            @WebParam(name = "qualifier")String qualifier,
            @WebParam(name = "omitMessageText")Boolean omitMessageText);

Thanks very much!

Tony

RE: Issue with Java first functions and Arguement Sequence

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Anthony,

Stand by for an alternative ...

--benson

Posted by "Vespa, Anthony J" <aj...@cbs.com>.
It's called

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: Issue with Java first functions and Arguement Sequence

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA