Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by The Wolf <th...@fastmail.fm> on 2003/04/30 16:37:17 UTC

TC 4.1: modified web.xml, restart required?

Hi,

it seems that each time the web.xml file is modified for a webapp, I need
to restart the Tomcat server in order to see the changes have effect.

Is there a way to have TC reload the new file w/o restarting it?

Thanks.

Re: TC 4.1: modified web.xml, restart required?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
You can easily extend the manager application by adding a filter(involves
writing code) to perform access control.

Via command line - I think there is an ant task or you can use wget (which
simulates a web browser request)

-Tim

Posted by The Wolf <th...@fastmail.fm>.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Posted by Vladimer Shioshvili <vs...@qrc.com>.
my bad.. sitting in front of the computer too long.. for some reason it was
server.xml in my head... sorry about that..

Posted by Chris Cheshire <cc...@bigredwire.com>.

Posted by Vladimer Shioshvili <vs...@qrc.com>.