Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Dave Meikle <dm...@apache.org> on 2008/12/10 08:31:46 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.2 Released

The Apache Lucene project are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Apache Tika 0.2.

Apache Tika, a subproject of Apache Lucene, is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.

Apache Tika 0.2 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details can be found in the changes file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/CHANGES-0.2.txt

Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download page:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/tika/apache-tika-0.2-src.tar.gz

Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2 from the Central Maven Repositories:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.2/
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.2/

In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors. When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads using signatures found on the Apache site:
http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/KEYS

For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
http://lucene.apache.org/tika

-- Dave Meikle (on behalf of the Apache Lucene community)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.2 Released

Posted by Dave Meikle <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2008/12/10 Dave Meikle <dm...@apache.org>

> The Apache Lucene project are pleased to announce the immediate
> availability of Apache Tika 0.2.
>
> Apache Tika, a subproject of Apache Lucene, is a toolkit for detecting and
> extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using
> existing parser libraries.
>
> Apache Tika 0.2 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details
> can be found in the changes file:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/CHANGES-0.2.txt
>
> Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download page:
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/tika/apache-tika-0.2-src.tar.gz
>
> Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2 from
> the Central Maven Repositories:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.2/
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.2/
>
> In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors.
> When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads
> using signatures found on the Apache site:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/KEYS
>
> For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
> http://lucene.apache.org/tika
>
> -- Dave Meikle (on behalf of the Apache Lucene community)

Thanks to everyone that helped me through the release process, it was a
great experience and fun.

Cheers,
Dave