Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Felipe Kamakura <fe...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/19 21:55:36 UTC

Maven version resolution

Hello again,

I have a doubt here regarding Version resolution for extensions and plugins.

When I omit the version for plugins, Maven resolves it to the Latest version
right?
And does that happen for Extensions too? Because I have a Pom here that
users wagon-ssh-external as an extension and It DOESN'T specifies a version.
When I build using the command line (e.g. mvn install) everything work fine.
However I tried today the new M2Eclipse plugin and before that the Q4Eclipse
plugin. Both of them complains that the version for wagon-ssh-external is
missing.

So my question is: Does this LATEST resolution exists for extension when I
omit the version?

Thanks a lot!

RE: Maven version resolution

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
It only applies to plugins. Extensions and dependencies MUST have a
version declared somewhere...either in the extension/dependency or
dependencyManagement (I'm not sure if this applies to extensions)