Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Nelson A. Perez" <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/09 17:08:25 UTC

Patterns dont match

Hi all,

 I am trying to run a sample application and I get the
following error on the log file:

00:17:18,234 INFO  [BPrinterGBean] BPrinterGBean has
started
00:17:18,234 INFO  [BPrinterGBean]
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=gbean2
00:17:18,250 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to
start
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=MyGBean
because no targets are running for reference Executor
matching the patterns
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=null,name=DTP

00:17:18,250 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to
start
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=MyGBean
because no targets are running for reference APrinter
matching the patterns
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=null,name=gbean1

00:17:18,250 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to
start
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=MyGBean
because no targets are running for reference BPrinter
matching the patterns
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=null,name=gbean2

00:17:18,250 INFO  [APrinterGBean] APrinterGBean has
started
00:17:18,250 INFO  [APrinterGBean]
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=gbean1

As you can see, clearly the patterns dont match
because in one case we have j2eeType=null and in the
other we have j2eeType=GBean. How can I set the
j2eeType to GBean so that the patter can be matched ?
Also, how can I be sure that the GBeans get loaded in
the proper order ? In this case, the MyGBean has
references to the three other GBeans: BPrinterGBean,
APrinterGBean and DTP (Default Thread Pool). As you
can read in the log file, only two GBeans
(AprinterGBean and BPrinterGBean) get loaded and
started, but not DTP and MyGBean.

The plan looks as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration

xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment"
	   configId="sampleTask/Sample"

		<dependency>
			<groupId>samples</groupId>
	    	<artifactId>sampleTask</artifactId>
	    	<version>1.0</version>
		</dependency>

    	<gbean name="gbean1"
class="sampleTask.APrinterGBean"> </gbean>

    	<gbean name="gbean2"
class="sampleTask.BPrinterGBean"> </gbean>

	 <gbean name="DTP"
class="org.apache.geronimo.pool.ThreadPool">
        	<attribute
name="keepAliveTime">15000</attribute>
        	<attribute name="poolSize">10</attribute>
        	<attribute name="poolName">DTP</attribute>

    	</gbean>

	<gbean name="MyGBean" class="sampleTask.MyGBean">

		<reference name="APrinter" >
			<name>gbean1</name>
		</reference>

		<reference name="BPrinter" >

			<name>gbean2</name>
		</reference>

    		<reference name="Executor">
    			<name>DTP</name>
    		</reference>

   	</gbean>

</configuration>

BTW, is there a better place to post this issue ?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Nelson.

http://mail.yahoo.com