Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Taylor <mt...@emeraldcave.net> on 2000/07/27 08:34:42 UTC

Can't get Referrer in HttpRequest in Tomcat?

I tried the following code in Tomcat in an extension tag that I'm writing.

((HttpServletRequest)pageContext.getRequest()).getHeader("Referrer")

The result is always null.  The log files for Apache show that the Referrer is
coming in just fine to Apache.

Why can't I get this information in Tomcat requests?

What am I doing wrong?  Is Tomcat only HTTP1.0 and Referrer is part of 1.1 or
something?   This would be a pretty sad thing, because Referrer is a very
useful feature.

Thanks,

- Mike