Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2013/11/29 12:06:36 UTC

IRC Channel

Hi guys,

I recently had a discussion with Scott and Christian in the logging IRC
channel on free node, which is #asflogging. Over at commons we have also
created an IRC channel quite recently (#apache-commons). I thing it is a
nice addition to get some feedback from users.

We also have an ASF Bot in our channel which can be requests from infra
[1]. The infra guys told us, that project channels usually should be
prefixed with 'apache', while channels related to the foundation itself
have the 'asf' prefix.

So I propose to create a new channel #apache-logging and request an ASFBot
from infra for this channel. I can do the necessary communication with
infra, if you like. Would be good to promote said channel on your web site,
so people know where to get in touch with you.

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] http://wilderness.apache.org/manual.html

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: IRC Channel

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
Also read this:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/docs/freenode-cloaks.txt

Just adding myself.

Ivan

Re: IRC Channel

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.

Re: IRC Channel

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.

Re: IRC Channel

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Sure, makes sense to me +1

On 29 Nov 2013, at 12:06, Benedikt Ritter wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I recently had a discussion with Scott and Christian in the logging IRC
> channel on free node, which is #asflogging. Over at commons we have also
> created an IRC channel quite recently (#apache-commons). I thing it is a
> nice addition to get some feedback from users.
>
> We also have an ASF Bot in our channel which can be requests from infra
> [1]. The infra guys told us, that project channels usually should be
> prefixed with 'apache', while channels related to the foundation itself
> have the 'asf' prefix.
>
> So I propose to create a new channel #apache-logging and request an ASFBot
> from infra for this channel. I can do the necessary communication with
> infra, if you like. Would be good to promote said channel on your web site,
> so people know where to get in touch with you.
>
> Regards,
> Benedikt
>
> [1] http://wilderness.apache.org/manual.html
>

> --