Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Live Nono <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/01 00:58:29 UTC

wicket ajax best practices ?

hi

I've been quite heavily using ajax lately and, at the beginning, it
appears to break often, getting "page not found 404" and others
"channel busy - postponing". I'm mainly using modal windows, ajax
links and ajax validating/submit behaviors.

Recently, searching through the mailing list, I found that adding the
doctype helped a lot. Precisely, I added :

Going further, I added the encoding on the first line :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Then I used the w3c html validators to remove all the potential issues
(found a few br lacking the closing /).

I've now the feeling that it breaks less, but still I'm not sure I did
all my best.

So, at the end of the day, when using ajax in wicket, are they some
good practices to follow ? What could I do to lower as far as possible
all these 'page not found 404" and others "channel busy" on actions
which 95% of the time work ?

thanks in advance
nono