Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/03/25 15:44:45 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "Distributions and Commercial Support" by SteveLoughran

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "Distributions and Commercial Support" page has been changed by SteveLoughran:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Distributions%20and%20Commercial%20Support?action=diff&rev1=62&rev2=63

Comment:
fix up use of the phrase "hadoop distribution", insert section on Intel's product

  Entries are listed alphabetically by company name.

   * [[http://aws.amazon.com/|Amazon Web Services]]
-   * Amazon offers a version of Apache Hadoop on their EC2 infrastructure, sold as  [[http://aws.amazon.com/elasticmapreduce|Amazon Elastic MapReduce]].
+   * Amazon offers a version of Apache Hadoop on their EC2 infrastructure, sold as [[http://aws.amazon.com/elasticmapreduce|Amazon Elastic MapReduce]].

   * [[https://incubator.apache.org/bigtop|Bigtop]]
    * Bigtop is a project for the development of packaging and tests of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem. This includes testing at various levels (packaging, platform, runtime, upgrade, etc...) developed by a community with a focus on the system as a whole, rather than individual projects.
    * Bigtop doesn't provide binary artifacts of its releases, it is source only project.

-  * [[http://www.cascading.org/|Cascading]] - Cascading is a feature-rich API for defining and executing complex and fault tolerant data processing workflows on a Apache Hadoop cluster. Cascading 2.0 is Apache-licensed.
+  * [[http://www.cascading.org/|Cascading]] - Cascading is a popular feature-rich API for defining and executing complex and fault tolerant data processing workflows on a Apache Hadoop cluster. Cascading 2.0 is Apache-licensed.

   * [[http://www.cloudera.com/|Cloudera]]
    * Cloudera distributes a platform of open source Apache projects called [[http://www.cloudera.com/downloads/|Cloudera's Distribution including Apache Hadoop]] or CDH. In addition, Cloudera offers its enterprise customers a family of [[http://www.cloudera.com/products-services/|product and services]] that complement the open-source Apache Hadoop platform. These include comprehensive [[http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-training/|training sessions]], [[http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-services/|architectural services]] and [[http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-support/|technical support]] for Hadoop  clusters in development or in production. We serve a wide range of [[http://www.cloudera.com/customers-partners/|customers]] including retail, government, financial service, healthcare, life sciences, digital media, advertising, networking and telephony enterprises.
@@ -39, +39 @@

    * Data Mine Lab is a London based consultancy developing solutions based on Hadoop, Mahout, HBase and Amazon Web Services. Data Mine Lab uses combination of cloud computing, MapReduce, columnar databases and open source Business Intelligence tools to develop solutions that add value to their customers' businesses and the data they collect.

   * [[http://www.datastax.com|DataStax]]
-   * DataStax provides a distribution of [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise/apache-hadoop|Hadoop]] that is fully integrated with [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise/apache-cassandra|Apache Cassandra]] and [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise/apache-solr|Apache Solr]] in its [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise|DataStax Enterprise platform]]. DataStax Enterprise is completely free to use for development environments with no restrictions. In addition, DataStax supplies [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-opscenter|OpsCenter]] for visual management and monitoring, along with [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/support|expert support]], [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/training|training]], and [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/consulting|consulting services]] for Hadoop, Cassandra, and Solr.
+   * DataStax provides a product of [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise/apache-hadoop|Hadoop]] which fully integrates Apache Hadoop with [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise/apache-cassandra|Apache Cassandra]] and [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise/apache-solr|Apache Solr]] in its [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise|DataStax Enterprise platform]]. DataStax Enterprise is completely free to use for development environments with no restrictions. In addition, DataStax supplies [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-opscenter|OpsCenter]] for visual management and monitoring, along with [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/support|expert support]], [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/training|training]], and [[http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/consulting|consulting services]] for Hadoop, Cassandra, and Solr.

   * [[http://www.debian.org|Debian]]
    * A Debian package of Apache Hadoop is available. Please see the [[http://wiki.debian.org/Hadoop|Debian Wiki on Hadoop]].
@@ -51, +51 @@

   * [[http://www.hortonworks.com|Hortonworks]]
    * Major contributors to Apache Hadoop and dedicated to working with the community to make Apache Hadoop more robust and easier to install, manage, use, integrate and extend.
-   * Provides [[http://www.hortonworks.com/technology/hortonworksdataplatform/|Hortonworks Data Platform Powered by Apache Hadoop]], which is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop. Version 1 is based upon Hadoop-1.0.3.
+   * Provides [[http://www.hortonworks.com/technology/hortonworksdataplatform/|Hortonworks Data Platform Powered by Apache Hadoop]], which is a 100% open source big-data platform based upon Apache Hadoop. Version 1 is based upon Hadoop-1.0.3.
    * Provider of [[http://www.hortonworks.com/support/|expert technical support]], [[http://www.hortonworks.com/training/|training]] and [[http://www.hortonworks.com/partners/|partner-enablement services]] for both end-user organizations and technology vendors.

   * [[http://www.hstreaming.com|HStreaming]]
@@ -74, +74 @@

    *The HCM (Hadoop Cluster Management) tool is a solution that automates the cluster setup and management activities, thus reducing the overall time, cost and effort required for setting up and managing Hadoop clusters. [[http://bigdata.impetus.com/hadoop_mgmt_cluster_data# | More info about HCM @Impetus]]
    *With a strong focus, established thought leadership and open source contributions in the area of Big Data analytics and consulting services, Impetus uses its Global Delivery Model to help technology businesses and enterprises evaluate and implement solutions tailored to their specific context, without being biased towards a particular solution. [[http://bigdata.impetus.com/# | More info about BigData @Impetus]]

+  * [[http://hadoop.intel.com/|Intel]]
+   * the [[http://hadoop.intel.com/|IntelĀ® Distribution for Apache Hadoop]] is a product based on Apache Hadoop 1, containing optimizations for Intel's latest CPUs and chipsets. It includes the IntelĀ® Manager for Apache Hadoop for managing a cluster.
+
   * [[http://www.karmasphere.com/|Karmasphere]]
    * Distributes [[http://www.hadoopstudio.org/|Karmasphere Studio for Hadoop]], which allows cross-version development and management of Apache Hadoop jobs in a familiar integrated development environment.

@@ -81, +84 @@

    * Another Apache project using Hadoop to build scalable machine learning algorithms like canopy clustering, k-means and many more.

   * [[http://mapr.com|MapR Technologies]]
-   * MapR sells a high performance map-reduce framework based on Apache Hadoop that includes the standard eco-system components.  A significant amount of re-engineering of the file system and the map-reduce components allows significantly higher performance than standard Hadoop while eliminating Hadoop's single points of failure (the NameNode and JobTracker) and allowing full read-write access to the cluster file store via NFS.
+   * MapR sells a high performance map-reduce framework based on Apache Hadoop that includes many of the standard eco-system components.  A replacement file system and significant amount of re-engineering of the MapReduce components allows significantly higher performance than standard Hadoop while eliminating Hadoop's single points of failure (the NameNode and JobTracker) and allowing full read-write access to the cluster file store via NFS.

   * [[http://lucene.apache.org/nutch|Nutch]] - Apache Nutch: flexible web search engine software