Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 14:05:04 UTC

DF is not updated when a document is marked for deletion note

When I look at here: http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/luke

I see that Note: Document Frequency (df) is not updated when a document is
marked for deletion. df values include deleted documents.

is it something like I should care?

RE: DF is not updated when a document is marked for deletion note

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
DF uses maxDoc which is updated when segments merge so DF is almost never accurate in a dynamic index.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Nah, not until and IF you see issues. Most users are not even aware of this.

Otis
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/