Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Oscar Duque <pi...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/10 13:32:25 UTC

Efficient (ajax) user validation

Greetings to all,

That's the general environment:

\- I have a database table with the "Users" who can access the application.

\- I have an "login.jspx" JSF page which have two fields <tr:inputText
id="username"> and <h:inputSecret  id="userpassw".

\- I have a backing bean "login" for the "login.jspx" page

\- I have a session bean (myfacade) inside it i have a method "boolean
validate_user(String un,String up,String error_message)", that method goes to
the database and does the validation, returning true if success or false if
the validation fails, additionaly and String error_message for the validation
error.

\- I need to avoid the round trip of showing and "error_login.jspx" and
returning back to "login.jspx", instead of that, i need to show the login
"failed error message" in the same "login.jspx" in a JavaScript alert style,
making use of Trinidad's ajax capabilities.

\- Or if the validation was success then navigate to the "second_page.jspx"
jsf page.

According your experience and knowledge, might you reccommend to me how to do
that  efficient (ajax) user validation against a database, please ?,

Thanks in advance,

Oscar Duque

* * *

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! [MSN
Messenger](http://g.msn.com/8HMAEN/2737??PS=47575) Download today it's FREE!