Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by researcher cs <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/13 15:51:17 UTC

topology.stats.sample.rate

what is this properties used for topology.stats.sample.rate ?

Re: topology.stats.sample.rate

Posted by John Yost <ho...@gmail.com>.
The other config parameters will not affect the acking, which is the first
thing you are trying to figure out. I think you are actually only
processing tick tuples, so I recommend inserting logging statements in bolt
b-0 to confirm.

--John

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 1:12 AM, researcher cs <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> @john thanks I'll try that but I'm asking also about other properties , in
> what conditions I should change of default values , and is
> max.spout.pounding is related to tweets that I set it in the code to emit
> it ?
> I mean if I set to get 500 tweets then I should set max.spout.pounding=500
> Sorry for my lot questions but thanks for your helping .
>

> On Sunday, January 17, 2016, John Yost <ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey, I recommend 1.0 for now and see if that solves the no ack issue.  I
>> recommend max.spout.pending at 10K to hopefully ensure you avoid tuple
>> failures and then move up from there if you see back pressure.  Back
>> pressure you'll see in the form of Bolt capacities way less than 0.5.
>>
>> --John
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 12:29 PM, researcher cs <
>> prog.researcher@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> @john thanks for your time and help , i need to know is value 1.0 is the
>>> best value should i use or can i increase it ?
>>> max.spout.pounding = 50000 or 50K so what are other properties should i
>>> change from default value in storm.yaml like
>>> topology.acker.executors
>>> topology.executor.receive.buffer.size 1024

Posted by researcher cs <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Yost <ho...@gmail.com>.

Posted by researcher cs <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Yost <ho...@gmail.com>.