Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org> on 2021/05/01 21:07:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release log4cxx 0.12.0-RC2

This is a vote to release log4cxx 0.12.0.  This is RC2.  This vote
supersedes the original vote.

Please download, test, and cast your votes on the log4j developers list.
[] +1, release the artifacts
[] -1, don't release because...

As we had some issues with people building and running last time, this
vote will remain open for one week(or more if required).

All votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release,
but only Logging PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at
least 3 +1 votes and more positive than negative votes are required.

Changes can be found on JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LOGCXX/versions/12338615

Tag:
For a new copy do "git clone
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4cxx.git" and then "git checkout
tags/v0.12.0-RC2"
For an existing working copy, do "git pull" and then "git checkout
tags/v012.0-RC2"

Web site: https://logging.staged.apache.org/log4cxx/next_stable/

Distribution archives: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/logging/log4cxx/

Building directions are on the website(under 'Development').  Note
that APR is required to build(as well as boost if your compiler does
not support C++17).

Changes since RC1:
* Fixed build with GCC-11
* Removed ABI file from release tarball, since that is really not
interesting to most end-users
* Ignored a few files that were incorrectly added to release
tarball(*.swp, CMakeLists.txt.user)
* Added release date on changelog(now 2021-05-01)

-Robert Middleton

Re: [VOTE] Release log4cxx 0.12.0-RC2

Posted by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org>.
This vote has passed with binding +1 votes from Matt Sicker, Robert
Middleton, Remko Popma and Ralph Goers, with non-binding +1 votes from
Thorsten Schöning and Steven Webb.

I will proceed with the release.

-Robert Middleton

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Stephen Webb <sw...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Robert Middleton,

Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Release log4cxx 0.12.0-RC2

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
The NOTICE file has copyright 2007 in it. That's pretty outdated at this point.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.