Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2012/06/20 23:51:02 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server 3.2.0 is released!

           Apache Traffic Server v3.2.0 Released

The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache Traffic Server project are
pleased to announce the release of Apache Traffic Server v3.2.0. This is our
latest stable release, and is immediately available from

     http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads

Highlights in the v3.2.0 release includes:

* Over 800 commits, and 300 Jira tickets closed since v3.0.
* Several SSL improvements, including SNI (Server Name Indication) and NPN
(Next Protocol Negotiation). Overall SSL stability is also improved.
* Full IPv6 support, v3.0 only had client side IPv6. All IP related plugin
APIs are now also IPv6 aware.
* New, flexible configurations for managing inbound and outgoing IP
addresses and ports. You can now bind any number, and combinations, of
addresses and ports for both HTTP and HTTPS.
* Range request for large objects in cache are now much (*much*) faster.
* Several new, and improved, plugin APIs are now available.
* Performance and stability improvements in the Cluster Cache feature.
* Much better performance when proxying to a Keep-Alive HTTP backend server
connection. Overall cache performance is also significantly better.
* Several stable plugins are now included with the core distributions.
* Supports all gcc versions 4.1.2 and higher, Clang / LLVM 3, and the Intel
compiler suite.

For instructions how to upgrade from v3.0.x, please visit our Wiki page
(this is an organic document):

     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+3.2

This release was made possible thanks to the efforts by all the individual
Apache Traffic Server contributors, all our users and of course the
corporate supporters of the project. Please make sure to visit our web site
at http://trafficserver.apache.org/ for more information about the project.

Sincerely,

-- The Apache Traffic Server community