Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Daniel Reznick <ve...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/17 06:53:56 UTC

: SystemId Unknown; Line #57; Column #31; Failed calling setMethod method

Hi,

I'm developing an web application (using Java) on the Google App Engine...

The thing is the my logs are full of this weird stderr message

<stderr>: SystemId Unknown; Line #57; Column #31; Failed calling setMethod
method

I did googled a lot and asked this question on many places, but no one knew
the reason why

and recently I bumped into several posts with similar stderr that was caused
by Xalan , the stderr were of the same structure :

<stderr>: SystemId Unknown; Line #XXX ; Column #YYY; Failed calling
setMethod method

So I was wondering... any chance that the stderr message that I'm getting is
cause by Xalan?

I'm not making explicit use of Xalan, by I have added the following files o
the lib folder (in order to run JSF2 application on GAE)

   - serializer.jar
   - xalan.jar
   - xercesImpl.jar
   - xml-apis.jar
   - xsltc.jar

Help will be much appreciated...

Regards,

Daniel.

Re: : SystemId Unknown; Line #57; Column #31; Failed calling setMethod method

Posted by Nathan Nadeau <nd...@gleim.com>.
Daniel,

I checked the Xalan source code (version 2_7_1) and this error message
(or at least one that matches it) is generated by Xalan, specifically in
the org/apache/xalan/processor/XSLTAttributeDef.java class. It seems to
be failing when attempting to use the setMethod() method, which by my
best guess, is a method of the class representing the <xsl:output> tag
in some XSLT stylesheet somewhere. Note that <xsl:output> has a "method"
attribute, which Xalan translates to a method named "setMethod" of the
corresponding attribute object; this method is then used to set the
value of the attribute. So in essence Xalan is failing to set the value
of the "method" attribute of <xsl:output>. I have no idea why.

If you're not using Xalan directly, then something in the framework
you're using must be doing it. Check this website:
http://vaclavb.blogspot.com/2010/02/xslt-using-xalan-on-google-app-engine.html
which seemed to give some useful hints in the right direction. It
certainly seems to be related to the interaction between Google App
Engine and Xalan.

Good luck,
Nathan

--