Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tiffany Dodge <ti...@ubermind.com> on 2006/09/10 11:18:36 UTC

concatenating files

Hello,

I have a question about concatenating files that I feel is probably
not possible to do using slide's client library (and Apache's
mod_dav), but I'm trying to be optimistic.

After a client application uploads two files using slide, is it
possible for the client app to then somehow concatenate the two files
into one file on the webdav server?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tiff

RE: concatenating files

Posted by Miguel Figueiredo <mf...@maisis.pt>.
Hello Tiffany,

 Yes it's possible, thanks to Slide's event feature. Check this out:

http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/javadoc/org/apache/slide/event/package-summa
ry.html

 The feature allows the detection of certain actions and allows the
addiction of behavior to them, before or after the actions have been
processed. For example, you could produce a service that detects that
someone uploaded 2 files, and then concatenates the two files ;).

 Hope this helps,
 Miguel Figueiredo