Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ike Ikonne <ii...@us.ibm.com> on 2015/08/07 22:31:37 UTC

ipHostNumber

Hi all,

I am trying to inherit the ipHostNumber attribute in Apache DS but I am
having a hard time trying to get it to stick.  I would appreciate it if
someone
could explain to me which objectclass(es) that I must have to add in order
to inherit this attribute. OpenLDAP has ipHost objectclass that does
exactly the same thing.

Thanks,

Ike Ikonne

Re: ipHostNumber

Posted by Ike Ikonne <ii...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

It works, once I enabled the nis schema I am now able
to access the ipHost objectClass.

Thanks,

Ike

From:   Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
To:     users@directory.apache.org
Date:   08/07/2015 05:13 PM
Subject:        Re: ipHostNumber

Le 07/08/15 22:31, Ike Ikonne a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to inherit the ipHostNumber attribute in Apache DS but I am
> having a hard time trying to get it to stick.  I would appreciate it if
> someone
> could explain to me which objectclass(es) that I must have to add in
order
> to inherit this attribute. OpenLDAP has ipHost objectclass that does
> exactly the same thing.

FTR, ipHostNumber is an AttributeType. ipHost is an auxiliary ObjectClass.

If your entry has the ipHost ObjectClass, you can inject the
ipHostNumber intot it.

Note that both elements are part of the 'nis' schema, which is not
enabled on ApacheDS by default. Enable this schema first.

Re: ipHostNumber

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.