Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com> on 2009/09/15 01:45:54 UTC

Re: Lucene 2.9 RC4 now available for testing

We could cut a *real* release candidate that we could VOTE on soon,
right?  It's bee 3.5 weeks since the first release candidate.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
To be nit picky - I think its been 2.5 weeks.

I feel pretty good about 2.9 myself at this point though.

Mark Miller wrote:
> [...]
>>
>>  ---
>>
>> And many, many more features, bug fixes, optimizations, and various
>> improvements. You can find the full list of changes here:
>>
>> HTML version:
>> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/lucene2.9changes/Changes.html
>>
>> Text version:
>> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/lucene2.9changes/CHANGES.txt
>>
>> Many changes have also occurred in Lucene's Contrib area:
>>
>> HTML version:
>> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/lucene2.9changes/Contrib-Changes.html
>>
>> Text version:
>> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/lucene2.9changes/CONTRIB-CHANGES.txt
>>

>> Download release candidate 4 here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/lucene2.9rc4/
>>
>> Be sure to report back with any issues you find!

- Mark

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
So lets commit the last javadocs updates and create the final artifacts and
vote for them!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:22 AM, Doron Cohen <cd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will checking in documentation fixes anyhow interfere with this?

The tentative consensus so far is that we are free to make javadocs
only changes w/o rolling a new RC.

Mike

Re: Lucene 2.9 RC4 now available for testing

Posted by Doron Cohen <cd...@gmail.com>.
Committed!

Doron

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
+1 for calling a vote. I will commit the jdocs updates in LUCENE-1872 soon.

-----

Posted by Doron Cohen <cd...@gmail.com>.
hi guys,

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.