Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Jia Zhai <zh...@apache.org> on 2021/08/03 11:23:44 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New PMC member: Hang Chen

Hi everyone,

The Apache Pulsar Project Management Committee (PMC) has invited Hang Chen (
https://github.com/hangc0276 <https://github.com/315157973>) as a PMC
member of Apache Pulsar, and we are
pleased to announce that he has accepted.

Hang Chen is from Bigo(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigo_Live), and he is
the tech lead of the messaging and computing team in Bigo. He led the
adoption of Pulsar in Bigo. Hang also helped a lot to answer the user’s
questions like in wechat groups, and he helped a lot of people use pulsar
through his practical experience in Bigo.

The full list of contributions can be found at
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/commits?author=hangc0276, besides this
Hang also continually helped contribute and review a lot of Pulsar PRs
related to Pulsar Core, Flink, KoP etc.

Hang also presented a lot of Apache Pulsar related talks at Pulsar Summit
<https://pulsar-summit.org/en/event/asia-2020/speaker/hang-chen>, Apache
Con Asia <https://apachecon.com/acasia2021/sessions/1056.html>, FlinkForward
<https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ga4y1n7Hr?p=9>, and also some local
meetups in Shenzhen/Beijing etc.

Best Regards,
Jia on behalf of the Pulsar PMC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New PMC member: Hang Chen

Posted by Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Hang

Regards,
Yong