Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tiffany <ti...@yahoo.ca> on 2007/06/21 20:08:44 UTC

Running each test case in different frequence and duration

Hi,

Is it possible that Jmeter can run on command line or in GUI mode to meet
the following criteria?

I have 5 test cases in a test plan, each of them has its own thread. Now, I
want to run ALL 5 test cases simutaneouly but each with different frequence
and duration. For example, I want the first test case to run 70 times in 1
hour and second test case to run 50 times in 2 hours and third test case to
run 90times in 2 hours...etc.

Does anybody knows how to do this with Jmeter? Can I do this with Jmeter?

Thanks,
  Tiffany

RE: Running each test case in different frequence and duration

Posted by Matthew Coventon <ma...@iseinc.biz>.
Each test case has its own thread group, right?  In your Test Plan component
make sure that "Run each thread group separately" is _not_ checked.  This
will cause JMeter to run the thread groups in parallel.  On each thread
group you can specify the parameters mentioned below.  I think this will
accomplish what you need.

Regards,

Matt C.