Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Terry Heath <th...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/10/09 21:36:22 UTC

Setting up Eclipse 3.2 for Tuscany projects

I'm looking for information on how to best fully setup Eclipse for Tuscany
Development.    Some Issues that come to mind are:

How to Create a Tomcat Server that uses the Tuscany built-in apachee
server, JDK, and Tuscany Libraries
How to Set up the Buildtime environment of Eclipse  use Tuscany Libraries.
 Is it necessary?
Are there any special considerations for SCA.....or SDO.....or DAS in
terms of buildtime or runtime envs while using Eclipse
How to set up the Project Settings for projects that will do SCA, SDO, DAS
development
Building, Running, Debugging.... both inside the Eclipse env and outside
for "remotely" debugging.  (Remote Tomcat doesn't seem to hit break points
in Eclipse)
How to run the "manager" and "admin" while using Eclipse with Tomcat.

If there is already some documentation on how to fully integration Eclipse
with Tuscany and Tomcat for build, deploy, run, test, debug, then please
send the documentation or links to the documentation.

Thanks,
Terry

Re: Setting up Eclipse 3.2 for Tuscany projects

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
One other scenario I forgot...
If you are using the Web Tools Platform distribution, you could create a Web
Project and provided the necessary dependencies in WEB-INF\Lib (at least for
DAS and SDO apps) and that would give you a different user experience, where
you can get a better tomcat integration from inside eclipse.

Not sure what the store would be here for the SCA dependencies artifacts, as
they use a different directory structure.

- Luciano

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Comments inline