Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by David Robertson <dw...@lbl.gov> on 2007/09/06 01:35:08 UTC

log4j.properties

Hi,

In the latest build of Rampart is it still the case that Rampart logging
is set up such that its log4j.properties is the first one found, i.e.

 [testng] log4j: Trying to find [log4j.xml] using context classloader
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1855af5.
   [testng] log4j: Trying to find [log4j.xml] using
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1855af5 class loader.
   [testng] log4j: Trying to find [log4j.xml] using
ClassLoader.getSystemResource().
   [testng] log4j: Trying to find [log4j.properties] using context
classloader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1855af5.
   [testng] log4j: Using URL
[jar:file:/usr/local/tomcat5.5/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib/rampart-core-1.3-RC1.jar!/log4j.properties]
for automatic log4j configuration.
   [testng] log4j: Reading configuration from URL
jar:file:/usr/local/tomcat5.5/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib/rampart-core-1.3-RC1.jar!/log4j.properties

I could use some Java methods to get the right log4j.properties, but I
haven't noticed the necessity for doing this in the many other
third-party jar's I use.

I'm currently using rampart-1.29.  Thank you for any help,

-David Robertson