Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by ov...@sina.com on 2015/07/22 07:49:19 UTC

how to make select go through DTM in sqlci?

hi, all,
This is Ming from ShangHai. I am trying to make SSCC pass the SQL regression test. The SQL regression queries are all run through sqlci. So all queries are in 'autocommit' mode, if no explicit 'begin/commit' is invoked? As per Joanie's help, she modified the generator to let all singleton IDU operation go through DTM if the DTM is in SSCC mode. But I find SELECT in sqlci is till bypassing the DTM and invoke native Hbase API directly. How can I force the select go through DTM as well? Any help will be appreciated, like which file to look at and which function, so I can study and test.HBase-trx will still remain the current behavior, so singleton IDU will bypass DTM and rely on HBase's per row transaction protection.
thanks,Ming

RE: how to make select go through DTM in sqlci?

Posted by Sean Broeder <se...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Ming,
Have you tried overriding the non transactional methods in the
SsccTransactionalTable?  These appear to call the base class, so
HTable.java.  If you provide an override method you should be able to
control what data is returned and force it through the SSCC coprocessor.
Within the region we can make it behave like a DP@ transaction, so the DTM
is not involved.  This will improve efficiency and we'll probably want all
IDU operations to behave in this manner.

Regards,
Sean