Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Subir Sengupta <su...@walmart.com> on 2002/05/09 20:58:07 UTC

Getting a reference to a Manager from a filter

Hi,

I'm implementing my own Manager so that I can overwrite createSession()  to
be able to create my own Sessions.  I also want to access this manager from
a filter.  Does anyone know how to do this?  The persistentManagerBase
example that comes with Tomcat 4 shows me how to do the first part, however
I don't see how to get a reference to the Manager from the filter.
ServletRequest doesn't have a getManager() method.  Request has a
getManager() method but I get a classCastException if I cast ServletRequest
to Request.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Subir