Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by shuchi <sh...@pexsupply.com> on 2009/04/17 19:11:30 UTC

Ofbiz Installation

Hello,

I have downloaded J2SE 5.0, development kit with NetBeans. I have also
downloaded ofbiz-trunk-current from http://build.ofbiz.org/

I was trying to execute ofbiz.jar(by double clicking in windows) but file
does not respond. It does not give either error or starts executing.

I have also tried running ofbiz-trunk-current\ofbiz-trunk\startofbiz(batch
file), but it does not execute, cmd prompt flashes for few seconds and goes
away without executing the file and i dont get error either.

I have windows XP Pro.

p.s. originally I posted on OFBiz - Dev, and moved it here.

Your help is really appreciated

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Using ant at the command line is the best way
open a command prompt and cd to the folder you have ofbiz
in
then do a
ant run-install
if ant fails you may need to modify you java path in the Ant.bat file.

shuchi sent the following on 4/17/2009 10:11 AM:

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Stephen Rufle <sr...@salmonllc.com>.
I am not sure if the JVM_Bind:8080 issue was solved. I had an issue with
my oracle install grabbing port 8080 for some web base management
application.

Cimballi wrote:
> Well, it's pretty clear : Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
>
> It means you have another server application running and using the 8080
> port. Don't you have another Tomcat running ?
>
> Cimballi
>

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:30 PM, shuchi <sh...@pexsupply.com> wrote:
>

>> I have following error message in
>> Desktop\ofbiz-trunk-current\ofbiz-trunk\runtime\logs\error.log
>>
>> It shows error dated 2009-04-14 - when I downloaded the
>> ofbiz-trunk-current.

>> 2009-04-14 14:45:06,500 (main) [     Http11Protocol.java:178:ERROR] Error
>> initializing endpoint
>> java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
>>        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.init(JIoEndpoint.java:501)
>>        at
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:176)
>>        at
>> org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1058)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:677)
>>        at
>>
>> org.ofbiz.catalina.container.CatalinaContainer.init(CatalinaContainer.java:214)
>>        at
>>
>> org.ofbiz.base.container.ContainerLoader.loadContainer(ContainerLoader.java:190)
>>        at
>> org.ofbiz.base.container.ContainerLoader.load(ContainerLoader.java:66)
>>        at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.initStartLoaders(Start.java:250)
>>        at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.init(Start.java:89)
>>        at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.main(Start.java:398)

Stephen P Rufle
srufle@salmonllc.com
H1:480-626-8022
H2:480-802-7173
Yahoo IM: stephen_rufle
AOL IM: stephen1rufle

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Also make sure Windows Firewall is turned off.

-Adrian

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
You need to give use more informations, like the log (actually not all, only a snippet around your error)

Jacques

From: "shuchi" <sh...@pexsupply.com>

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by shuchi <sh...@pexsupply.com>.

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Download an launch Active Ports http://download.cnet.com/Active-Ports/3000-2651_4-29653.html?tag=mncol
This should help you to understand what your problem is

Jacques

From: "shuchi" <sh...@pexsupply.com>

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by shuchi <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
Hi,

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "shuchi" <sh...@pexsupply.com>

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by shuchi <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
you are genius.

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Cimballi <ci...@gmail.com>.
Try this :

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by shuchi <sh...@pexsupply.com>.

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Cimballi <ci...@gmail.com>.
And if you run with abn, you will have the name of the process...

Cimballi

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Cimballi <ci...@gmail.com>.
netstat -abn

Cimballi

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
do you have any firewalls enabled that might block that port?

shuchi sent the following on 4/17/2009 10:55 AM:

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by shuchi <sh...@pexsupply.com>.

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Cimballi <ci...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Ashish Nagar <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Shuchi,

You can alter the status of any program, if accessing your port, from
Computer Management --> Services and Computer Management-->Internet
Information Services-->Web Sites.

Ashish Nagar

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Cimballi <ci...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by shuchi <sh...@pexsupply.com>.

Re: ftl form question

Posted by Jacek Wagner <ja...@berkeley.edu>.
I still do not know what to do

1. I have ftl written form
2. onsubmit  it redirects logic to javascriptlooupOrder --->
onsubmit="javascript:lookupOrders()
3. in javascript there a statement         document.lookuporder.action =
"<@o...@ofbizUrl>";
4. i want to use direct url instead  document.lookuporder.action =
"<@o...@ofbizUrl>";
i also tried document.lookuporder.action =
"http://orderpagetest.ic3.com/hop/login";

In both cases, as you said, stays inside ofbiz.

in the widget form with hyperlink you can set target-type="plain" to
pass control to any url.  I do not know what has to be done in ftl to do
the same.

Jacek

Re: form question

Posted by Jacek Wagner <ja...@berkeley.edu>.
I have solved "Receiving response"  by creating URI as you suggested before.

    <!-- cybersource -->
    <request-map uri="csreceipt">
        <event type="service" invoke="csreceipt"/>
        <response name="success" type="view" value="PaymentReceipt"/>
        <response name="error" type="view" value="main"/>
    </request-map>

where csreceipt is a java service which takes some not all parameters
posted by CyberSource  return.

works like a dream.

Thank you

Jacek

Re: form question

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: form question

Posted by Jacek Wagner <ja...@berkeley.edu>.

Re: form question

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

form question

Re: ftl form question

Posted by Jacek Wagner <ja...@berkeley.edu>.
Yes. Thank you. Jacek

Re: ftl form question

Posted by CJay Horton <ja...@gmail.com>.
**Gmail issue**

Re: ftl form question

Posted by CJay Horton <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: ftl form question

Posted by Jacek Wagner <ja...@berkeley.edu>.

Re: ftl form question

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

ftl form question

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Re: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by Cimballi <ci...@gmail.com>.
If you want to keep the terminal visible, run the startofbiz.bat from the
command line.

Also you can have a look at the "ofbiz-trunk\runtime\logs\error.log" file.

Cimballi

RE: Ofbiz Installation

Posted by SELC Sales Div <se...@bdg.centrin.net.id>.

- Check your Java in command-line >java -version , make sure it is version 5
- Check your JAVA_HOME & PATH in Environment, if ti is correct..

Charles