Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Michael Coughlin <me...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/24 03:02:22 UTC

numbering book pages?

Open Office people:

I am trying to design a 100-page book using Open Office 4.1.6

For three days I have wrestled with various issues and seem to have most of
them worked out. However, I cannot get the page  numbering sequence to work
as I would like.  I have front matter that I would like numbered with Roman
numerals and a few pages later the rest of the book numbered with Arabic
numerals.  If needed, I can skip the first set of Roman numerals (though I
would prefer to have them), but every time I apply the footer numbers to
the later section of the text, the number starts with 13--which in fact it
is the 13th page, but I want the numbering to start there with 1.  What can
I do to correct this problem?

Thanks.

--
Mike Coughlin
Letterpress Book Publishing

Re: numbering book pages?

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 09:13:25 +0200
Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> This page here should give you a lead.
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Page_numbering

Also, a useful overview of the use of OpenOffice Writer is given in

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Writer_for_Students

Rory

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: numbering book pages?