Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Donszelmann, Mark" <du...@slac.stanford.edu> on 2005/10/25 15:46:04 UTC

RE: [M2] Unable to download the artifact from any repository --javax.transaction:jta:1.0.1B:jar

The current error message leaves the user in doubt if:

1. the jar is actually not available at all
2. the jar is licensed, but can be retrieved elsewhere.

It may be useful if the error message of would actually show the
value of the downloadUrl, since maven did find the corresponding pom file.

Regards
Mark Donszelmann

jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks