Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lukas Cerman <lu...@altap.cz> on 2004/10/27 09:41:07 UTC

serious trouble

Hi!

We are unable to recover our SVN repository. It seems some user's commit
has crashed and then repository has become unavailable. We tried to
recover it using svnadmin recover -- as described in manual -- but any
time we get:

raid:/tmp# svnadmin recover /tmp/all
Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

How could we get rid of this? We shifted to SVN from CVS about month ago
and were very pleasured. But we are very concerned on data consistency
and this accident make us affraid. Is there any way to recover our
history a prevent this to happen again?

I tried to move broken repository to /tmp and to recover it under root
-- it should have all privilegies? shouldn't?

Any sugestion?

We have this version installed:
raid:/tmp# svnadmin --version
svnadmin, version 1.0.8 (r11084)
    compiled Sep 27 2004, 01:09:34

Sincerely
Lukas Cerman

Re: serious trouble

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Lukas Cerman wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are unable to recover our SVN repository. It seems some user's commit
> has crashed and then repository has become unavailable. We tried to
> recover it using svnadmin recover -- as described in manual -- but any
> time we get:
>
> raid:/tmp# svnadmin recover /tmp/all
> Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
> svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
>
> How could we get rid of this? We shifted to SVN from CVS about month ago
> and were very pleasured. But we are very concerned on data consistency
> and this accident make us affraid. Is there any way to recover our
> history a prevent this to happen again?
>
> I tried to move broken repository to /tmp and to recover it under root
> -- it should have all privilegies? shouldn't?
>
> Any sugestion?

Did you try my previous suggestion?
(http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-10/1583.shtml)

If still no luck, would you be able to make a tarball of your repository
available to me, and I will see what I can do.

Max.