Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by an...@bralug.de on 2008/06/05 09:54:45 UTC

submit problems

Hi there,

Now my lenya is running stable, I integrated tinymce so my users have the
chance to choose between the editors (kupu is only for explorer -> saving
fails, BXE sometimes loves crashing, forms are to cryptic for the users).

So when the user is ready with his changes he wants to submit the page and is
patient enough to mark "Notify the reviewers". But unfortunately no message
is sent to the 4 reviewers I actually have for testing reasons ... where
should I search to find out what might be the problem? When I set the log
level in WEB-INF/log4j.xconf to error no additional message can be seen, so I
would say that this is not seen as an error... setting the log level to debug
produces much output ... but I do not know what to search for to find the
reason why it does not send the messages.

It doesn't matter whether the users are LDAP or local users, none of them are
notified. Manually sending messages works well. Rejection messages are sent
as well.

I would like to fix this problem because my users want lenya though it is
still a little buggy .. :)

BYe,
Angie.
--
I know it all.  I just can't remember it all at once.

Re: submit problems

Posted by Angelika Schulz <an...@bralug.de>.
Hi there,

I could reproduce the problem now. The email notification is not working
as soon as an LDAP user is trying to publish pages.

I rebuilt lenya on another machine, without trying to optimize it. I
used the default publication with the default users lenya and alice.
When I click on publish when I am authoring the homepage as lenya I can
mark "Notifiy the Reviewers" and alice gets the notification. The same
is working with another local user who is a reviewer and and editor at
the same moment. The user can click on publish, notifies the reviewer
and alice and the new user get the notification.

When I add an LDAP user this is not working anymore. Though ... when the
submitted page is rejected and notification for the publisher is marked
the publishing person is definitely getting the notification. So ... why
does this happen? It is confusing me, but I need the LDAP
authentication, and I do not want to change the LDAP schema...

Bye,
Angie.

Re: submit problems

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Angie,

angie@bralug.de schrieb:

[…]

> So when the user is ready with his changes he wants to submit the page and is
> patient enough to mark "Notify the reviewers". But unfortunately no message
> is sent to the 4 reviewers I actually have for testing reasons ...

I just tried it with the current trunk and can't reproduce the problem.
Which version are you using?

> where should I search to find out what might be the problem?

The most promising approach would be to run the application in a debugger.

> When I set the log
> level in WEB-INF/log4j.xconf to error no additional message can be seen, so I
> would say that this is not seen as an error... setting the log level to debug
> produces much output ...

You could add a logger configuration for the notifier service and set
its log level to debug to reduce the amount of output.

HTH,

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: submit problems

Posted by an...@bralug.de.
Hi Michael,

> On Linux/UNIX you can compare directories for example with
>
> diff -rq Dir1 Dir2
>
> so I would suggest that you re-install 2.0.0 from scratch within a
> separate directory and compare with your current version
> and change stuff incrementally to figure out where exactly your changes
> might have broken something.

Ok, I will try this. Thanks for all responses. :)

Bye,
Angie.
--
I know it all.  I just can't remember it all at once.

Re: submit problems

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
angie@bralug.de wrote:

>Hi Michael,
>
>[..]
>

>>what version of Lenya are you using?
>>

>2.0.0,

ok

> do you perhaps know when 2.0.2 is ready?

don't know

> Haven't looked for a week
>now ..
>
>I followed the instructions I found here [1] to get it working a little more
>stable. Perhaps I deactivated the sending of the mail by doing this.
>
>[..]
>

>>IIUC from your description below, Workflow rejection transitions do send
>>emails, but Workflow submit transitions do not, right?
>>

>Correct. That is the part that is confusing me a lot. Before I tried to
>enhance the performance of lenya it _did_ send the notfication to the
>reviewers.

On Linux/UNIX you can compare directories for example with

diff -rq Dir1 Dir2

so I would suggest that you re-install 2.0.0 from scratch within a
separate directory and compare with your current version
and change stuff incrementally to figure out where exactly your changes
might have broken something.

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup

Re: submit problems

Posted by an...@bralug.de.
Hi Michael,

[..]
> what version of Lenya are you using?
2.0.0, do you perhaps know when 2.0.2 is ready? Haven't looked for a week

Re: submit problems

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.