Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by roger <ro...@teamconcepts.us> on 2021/08/06 10:55:57 UTC

Please Help with Error: org.apache.kafka.common.network.InvalidReceiveException: Invalid receive (size = ...

Hi,

We have received the following error (running kafka  v2.3.0):
org.apache.kafka.common.network.InvalidReceiveException: Invalid receive (size = 1195725856 larger than 1048576000)

I've attached our configuration/properties, hope it helps.

Here are the details:
org.apache.kafka.common.network.InvalidReceiveException: Invalid receive (size = 1195725856 larger than 1048576000)
at org.apache.kafka.common.network.NetworkReceive.readFrom(NetworkReceive.java:104)
at org.apache.kafka.common.network.KafkaChannel.receive(KafkaChannel.java:424)
at org.apache.kafka.common.network.KafkaChannel.read(KafkaChannel.java:385)
at org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector.attemptRead(Selector.java:651)
at org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector.pollSelectionKeys(Selector.java:572)
at org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector.poll(Selector.java:483)
at kafka.network.Processor.poll(SocketServer.scala:863)
at kafka.network.Processor.run(SocketServer.scala:762)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Please help to see how can this be resolved.
Many Thanks!!

Roger

Re: Please Help with Error: org.apache.kafka.common.network.InvalidReceiveException: Invalid receive (size = ...

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
Mickael is right

This looks like HTTP requests are being sent to the broker ports

A quick stack overflow search reveals others have encountered similar
observations

I don’t think it is an error that indicates a server error. It is an error
in whatever client is trying to reach your brokers

If you need to talk to brokers using HTTP you should set up the rest proxy
instead of trying to use HTTP directly on the brokers

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Malcolm McFarland <mm...@cavulus.com>.
Hi Roger,